Which subjects are available?
Homework Space is available for a number of Junior Cycle subjects with more in development. It is completely aligned to the Junior Cycle specifications and can be used with any textbook your school is using. You have the flexibility to assign homework from any unit depending on what you are covering in class.
- 1st year contains 12 units. Each unit includes 6 homework assignments and 1 final test.
- 2nd and 3rd year contain a further 14 units. Each unit includes 8 homework assignments and 1 final test.
- Each unit focuses on a theme, while each homework assignment targets a skill area so you can track student progress by skill.
- The 4 language skill areas are covered: vocabulary, listening, reading and grammar. Each unit includes at least 1 listening assignment.
- The final test at the end of each unit covers a mixture of skills and consists of a new set of questions.
- Difficulty of homework assignments progress across the unit culminating in the final test.
- 1st year contains 8 units. Within each unit there are 6 homework assignments and 1 final scrúdú.
- Units and assignments progress in difficulty at the pace expected for a class to move through 1st year.
- Ordinary level and higher level each include 10 units for 2nd and 3rd year. Each unit includes 9 homework assignments and 1 final scrúdú.
- Each unit focuses on a theme, while each homework assignment targets a skill area; vocabulary, listening, reading or grammar. Each unit includes at least 1 listening assignment. The final scrúdú at the end of each unit consists of a new set of questions.
- The literature recommended and prescribed by the NCCA is covered in the questions.
- The ordinary level course has 33 units and the higher level course includes a further 20 units.
- In first year, teachers have access to all 33 units of the ordinary level course so you can decide which topics you want to cover.
- Units are topic driven. Each unit includes 2-6 homework assignments depending on the complexity of the topic, and 1 final test. Each final test consists of a new set of questions.
- Questions increase in difficulty across assignments.
- There are 38 units covering all strands of the specification. Units are topic driven and each unit includes 4 homework assignments and 1 final test.
- Homework assignments contain 8 questions and each test includes 16 questions covering the content of the unit.
- Homework assignments and tests contains a mix of question types, including graded questions where relevant. Each final test consists of a new set of questions.
- Includes a robust unit on graphs and graph interpretation.