Nurturing a Culture of Literacy
Our trained Literacy Specialists will accompany you every step of the way, whether your school has just taken its first steps on the road to better literacy or is already on the path to school-wide immersion.
From advice on book banding and guided reading to demonstrating best practice for conducting running records to explaining how you can get the most out of the existing books in your library, our experienced Reps will provide your school with a comprehensive level of support.
Contact your Literacy Specialist to learn how your school can nurture a culture of literacy!
Cambridge Reading Adventures
A banded literacy programme designed for multicultural classrooms with some of the most comprehensive teacher lesson plans available on the market.
Spring/Summer Offer 2021
Has your pupils' reading been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic?
We have the perfect offer to help you bridge the literacy divide gap in your classroom. For €2,850 you will receive 5 new PM titles (just launched in 2021) from levels 1 - 16 (480 readers), and a 1 year class subscription (30 licences) for the PM eCollection for independent reading in the home or classroom (400 eBooks).
PLUS, a FREE PM Literacy Assessment Benchmark kit worth €400.
Offer runs from 12th April - 30th June 2021
Implementing Guided Reading during Covid-19
During these difficult times, we understand the challenges that teachers are now facing running guided reading lessons in their classrooms due to Covid-19 restrictions. We hosted a webinar with reading expert Rosie Hogan where she showed teachers how they can manage guided reading in their classrooms while children remain in their pods and how to sort generic materials for them as well.
Stephen Graham delivered a live webinar on the new PM Benchmark Literacy Assessment kit
The 90-minute webinar took place on 29th September 2020 where Stephen:
- unpacked the PM Benchmark Literacy Assessment resource
- discussed how to develop a Balanced Reader
- examined the new Pre-Level 1 and Post-Level 30 assessments
- gave an overview of the four steps involved in taking a Reading Record
Learning opportunities within levelled and banded texts - webinar with Rosie Hogan
We hosted a webinar with reading expert Rosie Hogan where she looked at learning opportunities within levelled and banded texts and how teachers can best support children's reading.
A Practical Guide to implementing Guided Reading - Webinar with Rosie Hogan
Rosie Hogan (an Irish Literacy expert and former Reading Recovery tutor) shared her insights on how to introduce guided reading in your classroom.
Her webinar addressed a number of topics including, how to use different levelled texts within the lesson, and tips & ideas for effective planning and developing independent stations.
Engage Literacy Online
- Access to 136 interactive eBooks, all of which are precisely levelled and cover pink to lime book bands and Reading Recovery Levels 1-25
- Supports reading at school and at home
- One-time fee – no need to worry about annual subscriptions!
Collins Big Cat eBook Library
- Access over 1,000 levelled eBooks at school and at home with the Big Cat eBook library
- Suitable for all classes from Junior Infants - 6th class (Bands Pink-Pearl)
- Versatile subscription options – or get them all for a fantastic value all-in price
- Perfect for home reading – no need to share books amongst pupils
Cambridge Reading Adventures Digital Classroom
- Access to 140 ebooks, all of which are levelled and span a reading age of 4.5 - 10 years old
- Books can be downloaded for offline use
- The perfect accompaniment to our learner’s books, you can share projectable versions of the books with your whole class and zoom, highlight or annotate important points
Bug Club Digital
- Suitable for whole-class and small group teaching in the classroom, and for independent reading at school and at home
- Teachers are able to view and record data about student reading performance.
- The online program includes over 440 expertly levelled fiction and non-fiction guided readers, plays, comics, and graphic novels, plus an additional 41 phonic readers.