Fits your Practice
Sounds Make Words is flexible to fit your current teaching practice, so you don’t have to change the way you teach. Choose either the ‘26 Letters’ or ‘42 Sounds’ option for Junior Infants. Follow your preferred sequence with online resources and use printables to create resources to suit your class.
Sounds Make Words: Phonological Awareness
Sounds Make Words: Phonological Awareness is a structured phonological awareness programme that develops children’s awareness of the sound structure of language.
- Aligned to the Primary Language Curriculum
- Engaging digital content
- Teacher's guide with ideas and support for hands-on classroom activities
- Authored by Rosie Hogan – former PDST advisor and literacy expert
"The most refreshing thing about Sounds Make Words is the Irish pronunciation."
Supports Blending and Segmenting
A focus on blending and segmenting allows children to apply what they’ve learned to read and write from the outset.
Ensures full curriculum coverage
Curriculum-based objectives are on every page of the student books so that you can be assured you are covering the full curriculum. You can also easily assess children against the learning outcomes.
Ready-Made Resources provided
Sounds Make Words provides all the resources you need to support phonics in your classroom. From introducing sounds with digital flashcards to practising with interactive games and consolidating learning in engaging student books.
One-stop shop for content
- Highly structured and spiraled to ensure phonics progression for all children and ease of use for you.
- Content is accessible so that children can work on their own but challenging enough to ensure progression and keep them engaged.
- Ready-made print and digital resources support active and playful learning.
- Digital resources are consistent, modern and aligned with the student books.