Everything you need to teach spellings effectively
- A highly structured approach based on phonetic knowledge and common letter patterns.
- Follows the ‘Look, Say, Shape, Cover, Write, Check’ method in 1st and 2nd Class.
- Regular opportunities for revision.
- Commonly misspelled words included from 4th class onwards.
- ‘Words I have found difficult’ section at the end of the book allowing students to record and practice words they have struggled with.
Find out more about Spell It! for 1st to 6th Class
Watch this video for the Spell It! details.
"Spell It! is well levelled, age appropriate and really user-friendly.”
Engaging & Varied
- Visually engaging layout.
- Activities covering prefixes, suffixes, contractions, homophones and compound words help children develop an understanding of the structure (morphology) of words.
- Activities also extend beyond just spelling and include word study, vocabulary and writing development.
"In my opinion Spell It! is the best spelling programme for 6th class. The spellings are really topical and relevant for oral language and written expression use. The exercises give the best opportunity to learn the spellings in context in a really sensible and effective way, developing vocabulary as well as spelling skills.
I’ve used many spelling programmes over the years and often get frustrated with activities that are time consuming and can exclude children with specific learning difficulties, but Spell It! can be used by everyone in an enjoyable way, allowing for independent or whole class learning. I’ll definitely be putting it on my booklist again next year."
Marie Kavanagh, Scoil Bhride, Athgarvan, Co. Kildare
Curriculum Alignment & Differentiation
- High-frequency words included in every unit - in-line with the PLC which states that children should ‘spell a wide range of high frequency words accurately’.
- Challenge words provide additional stretch opportunities.
- Online printables containing easier and more challenging activities.
- Digital games for 1st to 6th class so pupils can practise spellings in a fun way.
- Printable flashcards
- Teaching notes containing dictation sentences, correct answers and word lists.
Starlight - Core Primary English
Starlight is the complete Primary English programme and is available for Junior Infants to 6th Class.