- Primary Teachers
- Post Primary Teachers
- Students & Parents
- Resellers & Retailers
1. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “Client”, “Customer”, “Entrant”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person partaking in a competition and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “the Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to Folens Publishing and its subsidiaries. “Party”, “Parties” and “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
2. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions and contests run by the Company, unless otherwise stated.
3. In order to enter any competition, Customers must correctly undertake the task set or answer the question correctly as the case may be. Competitions are only open to those identified as being permitted to enter or requested to enter as the case may be. Competitions are not open to the Company’s employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors – or their families.
4. All photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information (collectively and severally called “Materials”) that you submit to the Company shall become the sole and exclusive property of the Company, and the Company shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials.
5. The Company may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created – throughout the world and for any purpose – without compensation to you of any kind.
6. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any other conditions stated in the messaging or promotions around such competitions, or they will be invalid. One entry is permitted per person, unless the contest announcement specifically states that multiple entries are allowed. Entries from unaffiliated agents and/or third parties shall not be accepted. All entrants must reside in the Republic of Ireland. All entrants must be over the age of 16, unless stated otherwise. Entrants under 16, must obtain consent or approval of their legal parent, guardian or teacher.
7. By submitting Materials to the Company, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to the Company free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
8. You acknowledge and agree that the Company shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials that you submit.
9. You acknowledge and agree that the Company may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to the Company. By submitting Materials to the Company, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
10. Neither the Company nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winner's use of a prize including, but in no way limited to, each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. The Company is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection to any contest promoted by the Company.
11. The Company accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
12. By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as by any rules specific to that competition or contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
13. The following criteria apply:
14. Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising the competition. No cash or other alternative may be requested by the winner and prizes are non-transferable.
15. The Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter any prize or substitute the prize with cash to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him or her, or that the Company is unable to contact the winner after reasonable efforts have been made, the Company may award the prize to another entrant.
16. Each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced.
17. The winner may be required to take part in publicity. By accepting the prize, the winner grants the Company the right to use and publish his or her name and picture in such media as the Company may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
18. The Company is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner or any other person with whom the winner shares or gives the prize.
19. All entrants to the Company competitions will be automatically signed up to the marketing database. Unless otherwise stated, by entering any competition you agree that the Company may use your details for marketing purposes and that the Company may contact you with updates on the Company products and/or services via email, SMS, telephone or any other manner. Should you wish to be removed from the contact list, please do not hesitate to contact us.
20. The Company reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
21. The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason.
22. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.