Folens Publishing Company Unlimited Company (“Folens”) is a registered company at Hibernian Industrial Estate, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Folens Overseas Teaching Fund competition.
In addition to Folens Competition Terms and Conditions on Folens.ie the following applies:
- The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “Entrant”, “You” and “Your” refers to the person partaking in a competition and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “the Company”, “Folens” “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to Folens. You must be a qualified Primary or Post Primary teacher employed full time in a teaching role in a school in the Republic of Ireland.
- You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland.
- Travel/programme participation must take place between date of entry and 31st December of the competition year in which you entered.
- The Company will shortlist potential prize winners and if your entry is shortlisted, the Company will require your assistance in carrying out further checks to validate your involvement with the nominated programme. Being shortlisted does not guarantee or entitle you to a prize
- The organisation you work/volunteer with must be recognised by the appropriate authorities.
- The Company hereby reserves the right to amend any of the terms, conditions or rules contained herein at any time without advance or other form of communication to the entrant.
- If for any reason a winner does not complete the programme as defined, all monetary rewards to the individual must be refunded but the chosen programme/organisation will keep their reward.
- To enter the competition, you must submit your entry on or before 5pm on the 5 May 2019. Under no circumstances will entries submitted after this period be considered valid entries for the competition.
- Winners will be selected based on the details in your submission and the originality and appeal of your reason for deserving the funding. Judges reserve the right to limit the number of potential winning participants in any programme in order to ensure a spread of winning entries across voluntary programmes is achieved in order to benefit a variety of programmes.
- Winners will be notified by email and must respond within 8 working days with any required documentation or the prize will be forfeited.
- The winners may be asked to take part in publicity for example interviews, travel blogs, photocalls, follow up stories etc. By accepting the prize, the winner grants Folens the right to use and publish his or her name and picture in such media as Folens may choose (including but not limited to the internet and social media) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- The list of winners will be posted on Folens.ie and on social media and the judge’s decision in announcing winners is final and shall not be subject to review or protracted correspondence on the matter.
- The judge(s) of the competition will be chosen by the Company. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
These Competition Terms and Conditions were last updated on 7th February 2019.