Who we are looking for:
Folens publishers are looking to recruit an ambitious graduate for their Primary publishing team. The role provides an opportunity to join Ireland’s leading educational publisher in the creation of print and digital products for the Primary school market.
The main purpose of this role is to support the development of educational content led by the commissioning and editorial team. This is a varied and highly interesting position which provides a wonderful opportunity to learn about print and digital content development as well as broader aspects of the business such as sales and marketing.
You are self-motivated but also able to work collaboratively across an organisation. You are excited about building a career in publishing and working in the education industry.
What you will do:
- Copy-editing and proofing
- Illustration briefing and review
- Photo research
- Copyright clearance
- Support for the development of digital content
- Project management and general administration
Desired skills & experience:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good organisational and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise, manage time efficiently and work to tight deadlines
- A relevant third level qualification desirable
- Reports to Head of Primary Publishing
- Fixed Term 6 Month Role
- Hybrid working model in place
If you have any further queries, please contact Folens HR on email@example.com