The data we may collect directly from you could include the following:
- First name and surname;
- postal address;
- email address(es);
- mobile and/or landline number(s);
- bank and credit card details if you transact with us. We are fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- passwords in connection with Folens customer platforms and apps (www.folens.ie; www.folensonline.ie; www.folenshive.ie; http://teacherscorner.folens.ie) and the support of these platforms and apps;
- Folens order history i.e. information when you place an order;
- Folens payment history i.e. information when you make a payment over the phone or online;
- Subscription history i.e. information when you purchase a digital licence or product either for yourself or on behalf of your school;
- place of work;
- job title and other roles;
- subjects you teach;
- contact details that you have provided to us such as email, social media interaction, telephone both landline and mobile, live chat, attendance at Folens events, entry into Folens competitions, completion of Folens surveys, attendance at Folens webinars
- information you have provided us, when contacting our Customer Experience Team, either through email, livechat or the chatbot on our website(s)
- information you have provided us when completing forms on our website
- if you clicked on a QR code in one of our ads or marketing collateral we collect the date/time, city, device type and operating system used to access the information the QR code links to.
- footage from external CCTV for health, safety and security purposes on our premises;
- recruitment related correspondence e.g. CV, references, cover letters.
Our mission, at Folens, is to provide outstanding educational tools, that have a positive impact on teaching and learning. As a result, we endeavour to review and improve the products and services that we provide. To help us achieve this we collect additional information when you visit our websites and apps (www.folens.ie; www.folensonline.ie; www.folenshive.ie; http://teacherscorner.folens.ie) and/or use the resources within these websites and apps.
The types of data we collect from you when you visit our site(s) include:
- information about the type of browser, operating system and device you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked;
- the digital resources and other files you have viewed and downloaded and how often;
- the websites you visited before arriving at our site(s). We encourage you to read the privacy notices of those sites;
- ratings and comments you may have included in relation to articles or videos or other content
- We also use analytics and cookies.
We do not collect data using the camera or microphone of your device.
In order to help us improve and promote our products and services we may use your data in the following ways:
- We may communicate to you via email, phone call, SMS, WhatsApp or post.
- To display ads on our websites of products and services that you may be interested in.
- We may use your email address to advertise to you on social media platforms that you may be interested in, be assured that you can opt out of these communications by unsubscribing from emails.
- We may ask you to fill in research surveys.
- Our sales reps may contact you to discuss our products and services.
In order to fulfil our lawful and contractual purposes, we capture information as stated above and may process your data with the following companies:
- Payment processors;
- Companies that we have authorised to deliver goods and services;
- Third party companies that Folens use to deliver and support our digital platforms.
We do not directly transfer your data outside of the EU. However, some of our data processors may do so through cloud providers. We vet our data processors as much as possible to ensure that they are GDPR compliant.
We use industry standard security measures to keep your data safe and secure both at rest and in transit. This includes but is not limited to:
- 2048 Bit SSL to secure our websites;
- ISO 27001 certified hosting providers;
- Zivver for the transfer of confidential or sensitive information via outbound encrypted email to internal staff and external 3rd parties.
You have the right to request access to any of the information we hold about you. You also have the following rights in relation to the processing of your data:
- The right to have your data corrected or rectified;
- The right to have us erase/delete your data subject to certain laws that make it compulsory for us to retain certain data;
- The right to restrict the processing of your data temporarily;
- The right to have your data sent to another company (if you do not already have this data in your possession);
- The right to object to the processing;
- The right to know if you are subject to an automated decision and that decision has the effect of profiling;
- The right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Post: Privacy Officer, Folens, Hibernian Industrial Estate, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 DH05.
- Ph: 01 4137200
We only retain your information for the specific purposes mentioned above, for more information on our Data Retention Policy please contact our Privacy Officer.