Planet Maths is a comprehensive curriculum-centred primary programme that incorporates the best methodologies for teaching Maths. It is an unrivalled solution in the level of support and convenience it provides for teachers and the literacy and numeracy skills it helps develop in pupils in a uniquely engaging manner.
It presents a 21st century approach to Maths and includes features such as real-life maths sections, integrated digital resources, and differentiated material. Informed by findings from published reports, it integrates the benefits of print and digital learning channels to deliver the most effective results.
Key Features & Benefits
- Differentiation – to cater for all levels
- Lesson planning – to assist with lesson linking etc.
- Digital resources – to support varied classroom activities
- Oral and mental maths – to improve mental arithmetic
- Assessment – to support individual evaluations
Programme Resources for Pupils
- Graded to cater for different ability levels
- Provide active and collaborative learning
Satellite Activity Books
- Focus on drills and skills for practice and reinforcement of learning
- Function as a basis for homework
Programme Resources for Teachers
Teacher’s Resource Books
- Fortnightly lesson plans
- Parental involvement tips
- Photocopiable templates and worksheets
- Additional textbook-centric information
Teacher's eBook and Digital Resources on folensonline.ie
- Oral and mental maths activities
- eManipulatives for topics on clocks, the abacus, 2D shapes, 3D shapes, etc.
- Target boards
- Interactive presentation tools
- Annotation tools
- Resource-saving facility to allow teachers to add their own resources