Folens Publishing Company Unlimited Company (“Folens”) is a registered company at Hibernian Industrial Estate, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Folens only does business on the basis of these general Terms & Conditions.
When you place an order with us, you place it subject to these general terms & conditions as in effect at the time of placing your order. Accepting delivery of our products means you accept these terms & conditions and no other terms and conditions. We greatly appreciate your business and we publish these conditions in order to ensure clarity.
- Folens can invoice a School or Trade Account if an account with credit terms has been opened in advance and is operating within credit terms. All other orders must be paid in full at the time of order.
- All orders valued under €75 must be accompanied by payment – debit card, credit card or EFT.
2.Delivery / Order Fulfilment
- Folens will endeavour to deliver all Folens online bookstore orders placed by 1pm on a working day within 1-2 working days and all other orders within 4-5 working days. During our August & September peak time, all deliveries can take an extra day. Folens aims to meet these delivery times on a best endeavours basis but in certain circumstances this may not be possible for reasons beyond our control. Folens maximum liability for delays howsoever caused is expressly limited to the delivery charge applied (if any), to the specific order.
- Folens will endeavour to fulfil every order promptly but can accept no liability for an inability to supply if Folens or the original supplier / publisher is out of stock or discontinues a product.
- Shortages / mispicks must be reported within 24 hours of delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orders may be delivered shrink wrapped on pallets at Folens discretion.
- Folens may consolidate multiple orders within a time period into a single combined delivery.
- Folens may part deliver your order in order to expedite getting your goods to you.
- Folens may charge a delivery charge on all orders.
- Pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Promotional prices, discounts and offers are subject to payment in full on time.
- Quotes are valid for 30 days only or until the end of a promotional offer period if shorter.
4.Retention of title
Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to you upon delivery. Title to the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until Folens has received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for: (a) the Goods; and (b) any other goods that Folens has supplied to the Customer in respect of which payment has become due. Until title to the Goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall: (a) hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as bailee only; (b) store the Goods separately from all other goods held by the Customer so that they remain readily identifiable as Folens property; and (c) maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery. Shortages must be reported within 24 hours.
- Folens ebooks are delivered electronically to the assigned user account for the duration of the licence purchased. Users need to have downloaded the relevant Folens App from their device’s app store to receive ebooks.
- eBooks cannot be returned / refunded once activated.
- Returns to Folens are at the customer’s cost unless the product is faulty or delivered in error.
- Except in the case of Trade Sales, we cannot accept returns after 30 days or if the product has been altered (including covering) either by you or by Folens at your request unless the product is faulty.
- They are a standard stock item which we presently hold and sell and were not bought in specifically for you.
- Returns must be in original undamaged packaging and in an unmarked, resalable condition.
- We will not be bound by clerical or arithmetical errors in documents issued by us or on our website www.folens.ie
- We may alter these Conditions, set out herein, from time to time. The current version of these Conditions will always be available at www.folens.ie or by contacting Folens Customer Service email@example.com
Additional Terms Specific to Trade Sales (e.g. Bookshops)
The standard order method for all Folens products is via the Folens online Bookstore www.Folens.ie/shop and other order methods attract a reduction in discount unless the items are not available via the online Bookstore. This reduction can vary from time to time and can be obtained by contacting Folens Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Returns will be subject to a restocking charge which varies by product type. You will be advised of the relevant rate when you notify us of your desire to return stock.
- We cannot accept any liability for any returns sent to us without prior acceptance. We reserve the right to accept or reject any request to return stock.
- Returns can only be accepted for credit if:
- They were bought recently (within the last year)
- They have not been altered / covered either by us at your request or after delivery
- We receive prior written notice and issue with a specific SRO reference number which you include with your returns
- Such returns are not in excess of 4% of your purchases in a 12 month period
- Goods must be in a resaleable condition (clean, unmarked, original packaging)
- Credit will be given at the average price for purchases over the last year less the restocking fee.
10. Additional Terms Specific only to Export Sales i.e. non-Republic of Ireland addresses
These conditions apply to export sales and are in addition to, or if there is a conflict between them, over-ride earlier conditions for Republic of Ireland sales.
- Sales outside of Republic of Ireland may not be possible for some products due to licencing restrictions.
- Folens will charge a delivery charge on all export orders. It is not possible to quote this on the website as the cost of this varies depending on destination, how quickly delivery is required and how big the order is. The actual cost will be confirmed to you prior to acceptance and processing of your order.
- All export sales must be paid for in advance by credit/debit card or EFT.
- All export sales are on a firm sales basis only. We do not accept returns on export sales unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to order dispatch.
- Ancillary items, Folensonline.ie, FolensHive resources and Teacher resources are not available for export sales unless otherwise expressly agreed in advance and when they are available they are a chargeable item or service.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on the 10th June 2019.