Aligned to the new Specification
- Explores all five major world religions and humanism
- Created with the ideals of diversity and inclusivity in mind.
- Learning outcomes listed at the start of each chapter and referenced in every chapter of the Teacher’s Guide.
- Coverage and support of Junior Cycle key skills development.
Up-to-date content to meet the needs of students
- The attractive, lively layout will appeal to Junior Cycle students.
- Illustrations, photos, maps, film posters and books are used to provoke discussion and insight.
- Consistent chapter format makes it easier to teach and easier for students to follow.
- PowerPoints, multiple-choice questions and labelling exercises provide opportunity for revision and self-reflection.
- Termly eNewsletters with timely, topical content for the classroom.
Created by expert author team Shuna Hutchinson Edgar and Mary-Deirdre Kinsella. Shuna is already a published author in Religious Education, and Mary-Deirdre was a member of the syllabus committee that created the Junior Cycle Religious Education specification.
Planning and assessment support
The Teacher’s Guide opens with a detailed planning section, including proposed calendars and suggestions for units of work and how to create them. It continues with teaching tips and further topic information on every chapter, helping you to teach the specification the way you choose to.
Support for Differentiation
- Graded questions are divided into clear sections to suit mixed-ability classrooms. These sections are mapped to specific elements of the RE specification and range in difficulty from basic recall questions to discussions and debates on ethically challenging topics.
- Ideas for project work are supplied.
Learn more about A World of Beliefs