Created by Experts
Authors: Fergal Lyons, Sarahjane Belton, Nicola Crean and Eoin Joy
Developed by the authors that brought you Active for Life for Junior Cycle.
Peak Performance has been written by PE teachers with expert insight into the new Leaving Certificate specification.
Webinar for PE Teachers
Developing your LCPE Programme - Insights from Phase 1 LCPE teacher Eoin Joy
Watch our webinar for PE teachers with Eoin Joy, co-author of our hugely popular LC PE programme Peak Performance. Eoin offered advice to teachers based on his experience teaching the Leaving Certificate PE specification.
Complete Specification Coverage
Peak Performance supports teachers every step of the way through the implementation of the new specification
- Physical Assessment Project (20%) - covered
- Performance Assessment (30%) - covered
- Written Assessment (50%) - covered
- Learning Outcomes listed at the start of each chapter
Planning & Assessment support
Our comprehensive Teacher's Guide focuses on yearly planning and helps you save time when following the specification.
Our Student Learning Log:
- the perfect place for students to record work before completion of their projects
- Exam-style questions help prepare students
- Learning activities are sprinkled throughout
- Includes a comprehensive bank of short, long and research questions
- Case studies are included at the end of each chapter
Keeping content contemporary
The IRFU, the GAA, Maria Sharapova, and Dick Fosbury, creator of the 'Fosbury Flop are just some of the examples used to demonstrate how certain Learning Outcomes take shape in the sporting world.
Active for Life for JC PE
Active for Life is the ideal teaching solution for today's PE teachers. It has been developed by a team of expert authors, Fergal Lyons, Sarahjane Belton, Nicola Crean and Ivan O'Mahony, who between them have a deep understanding of the JC PE curriculum and have created this course to meet teachers' needs.