Complete Specification Alignment
- Supports big picture thinking - features help students assess historical sources critically.
- Historically conscious - slices through the history of Ireland, Europe and the wider world. Looks at the key personalities, issues and events, while encouraging students to reflect and investigate further.
- Comprehensive Teacher’s Guide clarifies the new specification and provides planning support
- Student Evidence Book has exercises that encourage students to dig deeper by working with evidence in the form of a broad range of documents.
- Flexibility to teach by strand or chronologically – whichever you prefer.
- Guidelines to support Junior Cycle Key Skills development provided in the Teacher's Guide.
Bring History to Life through Print and Digital Content
- Attractive, lively artwork and layout is designed to engage students
- Illustrations, photos, maps, graphs and diagrams are used to provoke discussion and insight.
- Differentiation – graded questions are divided into clear sections to cater for a mixed-ability classroom.
- PowerPoint presentations, quizzes and other online activities
- Access to quarterly eNewsletters with relevant content for the classroom and exam guidance
- ‘Review and reflect’ sections peppered throughout the chapters serve as a revision tool
Seán Delap and Paul McCormack are the experienced Folens authors of the Junior Cert programme, Uncovering History. Seán is also the author of a number of popular and highly regarded Leaving Cert history textbooks.
Discover Time Bound