Your go-to resource for primary music
- An interactive, coherently planned music programme that is easy to use no matter what your level of expertise in music
- Created by leading music educators and experts
- Fun and engaging songs and listening tracks that children will love
- Excellent digital resources that support the teaching of music literacy and composition
- Thematic approach to music instruction
- Makes it easy to teach musical literacy and concepts
Age-appropriate songs and listening tracks
- 250 karaoke-style, sing-along songs across JI-6th Class, available with vocals or as just a backing tracking. Recorded at the right pitch for young singers.
- Engaging listening tracks covering a wide variety of genres: musical; folk; film scores; traditional Irish; pop; classical and more
- A huge range of tracks that children will love, everything from the Pirates of the Caribbean, Without (Frozen), You've Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story) ,Gruffalo, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah and Blue Suede Shoes to Jaws, Lava (Moana) and Dúlaman (plus many, many more)
- Custom-made songs selected and recorded specifically for the age group and the unit theme
Into Music Components
Into Music JI-6th is an interactive, coherently planned music programme that is easy to use no matter what your level of expertise in music
- Pupil books: Junior & Senior Infants combined book, 1st & 2nd Class combined book, 3rd& 4th Class combined book, 5th & 6th Class combined book (printable PDFs available with digital package)
- Digital Resources: karaoke-style songs; listening tracks; animations; flashcards; quizzes and more
- Lesson Plans: step-by-step, editable online lesson plans
Digital resources for support and engagement
Animations, flashcards and quizzes support the teaching of solfa and musical concepts like rhythm, tempo, pitch and song composition. A spiral approach is used throughout the pupil books and digital activities to introduce children to these concepts in a gentle way, consolidating learning from class to class.
Easy-to-use online lesson plans
- Hundreds of step-by-step, editable, lesson plans created by expert teacher-musicians
- Detailed plans save you time and allow you to teach in full confidence that all strands of the curriculum are being covered
Pricing & Package
We have both Print and Digital packages available to suit your school's needs
25% off Into Music Subscription - Don't miss our back to school special offer!
Take advantage of a 25% discount off a whole school digital package for music. Into Music now ONLY €75 per classroom per year!
Niamh Williams (author of Into Music Junior & Senior Infants) has taught at St. Bridget’s National School in Castleknock, Dublin for 20 years. She is also the choir director at the school which has won the ESB Choir of the Year six times.
Patricia Flynn (author of Into Music 1st Class) is Associate Professor of music in DCU, Dublin. She is also one of the authors of The Right Note.
Anne Purcell (author of Into Music 2nd Class) is principal of St. Mary’s National School in Donnybrook, Dublin and the musical director of the National Children’s Choir. She is one of the authors of The Right Note.
John Buckley (author of Into Music 4th Class) is a music lecturer in DCU as well as former teacher
Seán MacLiam (author of Into Music 3rd Class) is a former Associate Professor in DCU and music inspector
Emily Byrne (author of Into Music 5th & 6th Class) is a primary school teacher with a Bachelor of Music Education from Trinity College Dublin and a Professional Masters in Primary Education
Aoife McCarthy (author of Into Music 5th & 6th Class) is a primary school teacher with a Bachelor of Education specialising in music from Mary Immaculate College.
Watch our recent Primary Music Webinar: Everything you need to teach music with ease
Anne Purcell, one of the authors of Into Music will walk you through the new programme. She will focus on explaining the programme and how it makes it easy for JI – 6th class teachers to teach music, no matter their expertise.
Check out our short overview video about Into Music
Back to school special offers!
Make the most of any schoolbook grant you have leftover or redeem your Folens voucher. Our fantastic offers include 20% off a wide range of supplementary programmes and digital subscriptions. Whether you are looking for a new levelled Irish reading series or a digital music subscription, we have something for you. Your local Folens Rep can give you a personalised quote.