Everything you need to teach spellings effectively
- A highly structured approach based on phonetic knowledge and common letter patterns.
- Follows the ‘Look, Say, Shape, Cover, Write, Check’ method in 1st and 2nd Class.
- Regular opportunities for revision.
- Commonly misspelled words included from 4th class onwards.
- ‘Words I have found difficult’ section at the end of the book allowing students to record and practice words they have struggled with.
Check out our overview of Spell It!
"Spell It! is well levelled, age appropriate and really user-friendly.”
Engaging & Varied
- Visually engaging layout.
- Activities covering prefixes, suffixes, contractions, homophones and compound words help children develop an understanding of the structure (morphology) of words.
- Activities also extend beyond just spelling and include word study, vocabulary and writing development.
Curriculum Alignment & Differentiation
- High-frequency words included in every unit - in-line with the PLC which states that children should ‘spell a wide range of high frequency words accurately’.
- Challenge words provide additional stretch opportunities.
- Online printables containing easier and more challenging activities.
- Digital games for 1st to 4th class so pupils can practise spellings in a fun way.
- Printable flashcards
- Teaching notes containing dictation sentences, correct answers and word lists.