International School Stories - Ideal for EAL Students
The international school stories consist of twelve readers starting from Pink B and across all the bands. They feature stories about a group of young children who attend an international Primary school, who your readers can grow up with and relate to.
The characters are from a range of backgrounds: Omar, Zara, Beno, Leila, and Tefo, with their teacher Miss Garcia. They start school, make friends, share experiences, and encounter all the kinds of things that children the world over can relate to.
Comprehensive Teacher Lesson Plans Inside Each Book
A mass of teaching and learning activities in every book! Some of the most comprehensive teacher lesson plans available on the market.
- Strategy check is a focus on each child’s reading and decoding skills, with teaching strategies to overcome new challenges in each book.
- Independent reading – whether in guided reading or library reading or one-to-one, this section advises you on what to look for and how to support the pupil ‘reading solo’.
- Follow-up activities – re-read and produce a piece of further reading or writing work based on what they have read.
Teacher and Assessment Guides Available
Lots of activity sheets – supporting grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and follow-up writing skills.
Supplied in digital or photocopiable format in Teaching and Assessment Guide
Traditional Stories from All Over the World
- Traditional stories delve into rich seams of great adventures and fables from all over the world.
- Top-quality illustrations bring these to life for maximum engagement.
- Top name authors like Geraldine McCaughrean and Ian Whybrow.