A fresh approach to Junior Cycle German
- Fully aligned to the most recent exam paper
- Helps students succeed in their CBAs and the Assessment Task
- Carefully scaffolded to help students successfully build key language skills
- Grammar and Vocabulary lays the groundwork for successful language learning
- Abundance of authentic texts and strong cultural awareness content
- Packed with practical digital resources
Unrivalled Assessment Focus
- Dedicated Assessment Task chapter
- Questions styles reflect the new exam
- New CBAT sections in each chapter prepare students for CBA2 and the AT
- CBA1 student videos and supporting chapter in book 1
- Editable class tests for every chapter
Practice and Progress
- Carefully scaffolded with a range of tools to help students build language skills
- Sentence builders and spoken interaction activities develop student confidence and fluency
- Vorbereitung pre-reading and listening strategies improve reading comprehension skills
- Short Blitzschnell activities for oral communication skills
- Graded questions in the Prüfungsvorbereitung section support revision
- W5 success criteria and reflection throughout
Grammar and Vocabulary Focus
- Grammar PowerPoints for each chapter reinforce language skills
- Merkblatt summaries revise key vocabulary and grammar points
- A variety of exercises modelled on the SEC exam that test grammar knowledge
Immerse students in the diversity of German-speaking countries. Features and articles describe cultures and traditions in the DACH region and help to develop students’ socio-cultural knowledge and intercultural awareness.
Accessible, relevant authentic texts give real-life examples of how German is used every day.
" There is a huge variety of activities for students in the book, which keeps their interest. The last page in each chapter is a comprehensive summary. The Listening activities are relevant to the content and easy to access. The material covered in previous chapters is revised in following chapters so students have a sense of continuity. There are interesting cultural facts included regularly throughout. The Portfolio activities are also very useful."
Derval Carolan, German Teacher, Cavan
How it works
The Gefällt Mir! programme package:
- Student Textbook with themed units, engaging design and carefully planned progression
- Student Portfolio where students can complete scaffolded language tasks, create an ePortfolio in preparation for CBAs and evaluate and reflect on their learning
- Teacher's Guide with comprehensive plans and resources
- Digital Resources that will enhance teaching and learning
Check out our short overviews of how Gefällt Mir! works:
Check out our short overview video about Gefällt Mir!
Medb Farrell teaches German and Irish at Coláiste Pobail Setanta, Dublin, where she is also Head of the German department. She is a native German speaker and has also worked as Junior Cycle coordinator in her school and is a facilitator for the National Induction Programme for Teachers (NIPT).
Webinar for German Teachers: Tackling the Assessment Task and the latest JC Exam Paper
Medb Farrell, experienced teacher and author of Gefällt Mir! explores the latest features of the 2022 Junior Cycle German exam paper and shares ideas on how to prepare students for the Assessment Task.
MFL Audio Player
We have improved how audio content can be played in class!
On FolensHIVE, we have launched an improved audio player, which offers smoother interaction when using the audio and zoom features on a page simultaneously. Read more about the player here.