The leading choice for Maths Teachers in Ireland
Active Maths is a consistently leading choice for Maths teachers in Ireland.
- Developed by an expert author team
- Best match to the Junior Cycle and Leaving Cert specifications
- Student Learning Logs at Junior Level to develop Junior Cycle Skills
- Superb Digital Resources to enhance your teaching and engage students
- Teacher’s Solutions to save you time
Upgraded Digital Resources including:
- Editable PowerPoint solutions that provide both questions and solutions to exercises in the textbooks
- Learning Log solutions at Junior Level coming soon!
Active Maths 1: Junior Cycle Ordinary Level
Meeting the requirements of the specification, Active Maths 1 lists relevant learning outcomes by chapter and delivers the Unifying Strand with cross-strand questions.
The Student Learning Log provides an opportunity for students to reflect on their learning and also gives an additional bank of questions - catering for the mixed ability classroom.
A printed Teacher’s Solutions Book acts as a quick check for teachers and contains information on planning and assessments including CBA’s. Plus, the digital teaching resources available saves you even more time.
Superb content to meet the needs of all students
- Active Maths 1's attractive, lively layout is more appealing to Junior Cycle students
- An additional bank of questions in the Student Learning Log on key topics in each chapter cater to the mixed-ability classroom
- Consistent chapter format in the textbook makes it easier to teach and for students to follow
- Access to revised and improved Digital Resources
Active Maths 2: Junior Cycle Higher Level
Active Maths 2 gives focus to conceptual understandings, procedural fluency, strategic competence, adaptive reasoning and productive disposition.
3-year planning for OL and HL courses and examples of units of work are included in the printed Teacher’s Solutions Book and digital teaching resources include chapter summary and topic PowerPoints and GeoGebra activities.
The Student Learning Log includes past exam questions and provides a complete record of work and evidence of self-reflection.
Specification peace of mind
- Active Maths 2 fulfils all requirements of the specification
- Cross-strand questions interlink themes from varying strands, a required element of the Unifying Strand
- Relevant learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter
- The Student Learning Log provides a complete record of work and evidence of self-reflection
Bridge the Gap for TY Maths
Bridge the Gap for Transition Year Maths bridges the gap between Junior Cycle Maths and Leaving Cert Maths.
Active Maths 3: Leaving Cert Ordinary Level
Active Maths 3 is the best match to the specification with resources including differentiated content, learning outcomes, worked examples and exam practice to help your students achieve their best LC result.
Bring maths lessons to life with engaging digital resources and save time with the printed Teacher’s Solutions Book.
Helping your students achieve their personal best
- Active Maths 3 includes exam questions help students practise and achieve their individual best
- Differentiated content to help you cater for mixed abilities
- Learning outcomes are located at the beginning of each chapter
- ‘You should remember’ boxes remind students what they need to know before starting each section
- Worked examples are located throughout chapters
Active Maths 3 (3rd edition) is available now!
- More concise with all the essential content for the syllabus and exam
- Revised to meet the wide-ranging abilities of the Ordinary Level classroom
- Differentiation and student-friendly focus
- The right angle on exam preparation
- The perfect blend of teaching resources
Active Maths 4: Leaving Cert Higher Level
Active Maths 4 is a two-part, innovative solution to empowering good students to achieve great results with real-life examples, context questions, exam-focused questions, chapter revision exercises and worked solutions.
Includes an improved bank of Digital Resources including, Topic PowerPoints, Chapter Review PowerPoints, Geogebra activities, video demonstrations and solutions.
Check out the Active Maths 4 textbooks and Digital Resources
Learn more about Active Maths 1 for Ordinary Level Junior Cycle
Learn more about Active Maths 2 for Higher Level Junior Cycle
Oliver Murphy, one of the authors of Active Maths 3, 2nd edition describes the features of our Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level programme.