Why choose Real World Geography
- Written by experienced expert author team Peter Lydon and Tara Fitzharris
- Revised for the requirements of the Common Level specification
- Unmatched CBA and exam focus to help students succeed
- Includes a range of exciting updates, based on feedback and reviews from practicing teachers
- Brand-new structure and layout with an eye-catching design
- Extensive practice and revision throughout
- Explains key concepts and helps create context for students
A clear, engaging approach
- Concise and simple language
- Chapters are divided by learning goals, making them easy to follow, easy to teach and easy to learn
- Eye-catching page layouts, designed to engage students with every topic
- Easy-reference chapters on maps and aerial photographs
- Revised structure with an integrated progression of topics and learning outcomes
Unmatched Exam Focus
- Exam Expert sections and exam tips are written in response to the SEC sample paper and will familiarise students with what to expect in the exam
- Questions in the Skills Book reflect styles of questions in the sample paper
- Paragraph-style questions in the Skills Book provide scaffolded practice for longer exam questions
Get students CBA Ready!
CBA Warm-Up activities build familiarity and clarifies the CBAs to give students the framework to complete CBA1 and CBA2 successfully.
Templates and advice for teachers in the Teacher’s Guide are an excellent source for planning out the CBAs.
Explains the big ideas
- Explains key concepts and why students are learning different topics
- Case studies give an important real-world context to the content
Extensive practice and revision
- Rapid Revision sections at the end of each chapter provide for focused study and revision
- Quick Quizzes support regular retrieval practice and in-class discussion
- Exercises that encourage active learning, pair and group work
- Assessment Activities in every chapter allow for classroom differentiation
- A brand-new Skills Book with skills-based, exam-style questions
- The Learn+ feature includes ideas for further research and project work
How it works
The Real World Geography, 2nd Edition programme package:
- Student textbook with a revised structure, engaging design, CBA support and exam focus
- Skills Book with a rich mix of skills-based questions and regular opportunities for student reflection and teacher feedback
- Teacher's Guide with extensive plans and resources
- Digital Resources that will enhance teaching and learning
Peter Lydon is a Geography teacher at Wesley College in Dublin. He regularly delivers training for Leaving Certificate and Junior Cycle Geography and is President of the Association of Geography Teachers of Ireland (AGTI).
Tara Fitzharris teaches Geography in St Mary’s Academy CBS, Carlow. She has worked as an associate with the JCT and as a content editor for scoilnet.ie. Tara is also the author of our popular Leaving Certificate publication, Horizons.
Webinar for Geography Teachers: Planning, Assessment, and Exam Preparation for Junior Cycle
In this webinar, Peter shares insights and strategies on planning, assessment and exam preparation for Junior Cycle Geography.