A new, exciting chapter in Junior Cycle French
- Written by Dervla Murphy, author of the best-selling Tout va Bien
- Meets the requirements of the Common Level classroom
- Carefully paced practice to help students successfully build key language skills
- Grammar and Vocabulary lays the groundwork for successful language learning
- Familiarises students with all aspects of assessment
- Abundance of authentic texts and strong cultural awareness content
- Tous Ensemble ! 2 for 2nd and 3rd year available in 2023
Apprendre, Progresser, Perfectionner !
- Engaging layout with clearly signposted exercises
- An active-learning, student-centered approach with a strong emphasis on group and pair work
- Comprehensive listening, reading, writing and oral practice in every unit
- Tâche clés key tasks put students’ learning to the test and develop language skills in preparation for CBAs
- Double-page spreads with clearly differentiated exercises allow students to track their progress.
- Les devoirs sections help with homework setting and provide a range of homework tasks to reinforce vocabulary and grammar
Grammar and Vocabulary integration
- Student-friendly grammar sections in every unit, which present grammar topics in context
- Multiple opportunities to reinforce vocabulary acquisition through recycling and repetition
- Sentence builders provide additional scaffolding, so students can ‘ARM’ themselves with key grammar and vocabulary, and further develop their speaking and writing skills
- Listening and reading activities reflect the style of SEC exam questions
- Grammar is practiced as it will be tested in the SEC exam
- The Oral Communication unit gives students a gentle introduction to CBA1
- Mini-CBA exercises in the Student Portfolio encourage students to write and record their work
- Mini Assessment Task questions develop students’ use of reflective language
- Editable class tests for each unit
- Magazine-style Presse Jeunesse pages immerse students in the language with topical articles to help strengthen language awareness
- Authentic texts provide students with engaging real-life articles, as they would find in print and online media
Immerse students in the diversity of French and Francophone cultures. Fiche de la culture générale and Fiche de la culture Francophone fact files showcase the diversity of French and Francophone culture – critical to developing students’ socio-cultural knowledge and intercultural awareness.
How it works
The Tous Ensemble ! programme includes:
- Student Textbook with an engaging design and thematic approach that integrates the five key language skills, authentic texts and carefully planned progression
- Student Portfolio where students can complete scaffolded language tasks, create an ePortfolio in preparation for classroom-based assessment, and evaluate and reflect on their learning
- Teacher’s Guide with comprehensive year plans, guidelines to methodologies used in the textbook, and other useful resources
- Digital Resources featuring activities, games and videos that will enhance teaching and learning experiences in the classroom
Check out our short overview video about Tous Ensemble !
Dervla Murphy is one of Ireland’s leading French authors, teacher trainers, and examiners. She is author of the popular Leaving Certificate programme, Tout va Bien. She teaches at Loreto High School Beaufort in Dublin.
Webinar for French Teachers: Scaffolding for success in a mixed-ability MFL classroom
In this webinar, Dervla Murphy, one of Ireland’s leading French authors, teacher trainers, examiners, and author of Tout va Bien! and Tous Ensemble ! discusses scaffolding, which is essential in the mixed-ability Common Level, language classroom.